The best face serum is a Kim Kardashian favorite, it will cost you no more than 10 bucks, it will act against ageing, pigmentation and even more skin problems you are probably facing.
Let’s be real. Nothing will magically make you look 10-20 years younger – except for a plastic – but if you choose the right beauty products, it will certainly help slow down signs of ageing. Plus, it will help reduce the appearance of skin problems while giving you a healthy glow. And who doesn’t want that?
Lately, the more drastic beauty products known as serums, have been on top of skin care best-sellers and one of them in particular, has seen the likings of Kim Kardashian. The queen of beauty has reported that she is using this serum against wrinkles and boosted sales so much, that it sells out almost instantly, leaving us among the waitlist every single time.
We are referring to The Ordinary’s Retinoid 2% Emulsion Serum £8, which targets fine lines and wrinkles to uneven skin tone. The Canadian brand is making waves in the beauty department, because of the high concentration of drastic ingredients in its products and for a fraction of the usual price, of similar ones.
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion Serum £8
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane £11.90
WHAT IT IS, WHERE IT TARGETS, WHAT DOES IT CONTAIN
With next-generation retinoids, this products achieves better results in anti-ageing.
- fine lines and wrinkles
- lost elasticity
- uneven skin tone
HOW TO USE IT
- Retinoids are said to make the skin more sensitive to UV. Always apply in the evening to let is soak in during night. In the morning don’t forget to apply an SPF cream.
- Avoid the eye area if you have sensitive eyes.
- 3-4 drops are enough to apply on the face and neck.
- This contains oily ingredients, so be sure to apply it after water serums but before heavier treatments.
- Do not use it with other treatments, AHA, retinoids or after a peeling treatment.
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight.
- You can use the 5% concentration, for more drastic results.
- Start with small steps. Serums are very drastic products that your skin might have to get used to. At first you might notice tingling, redness or dryness and that’s why you should adjust the frequency of use, as you go. Start with 1-2 times in the first week, 2-3 in the 2nd week etc. Give your skin time to get used to new products.
- Another thing you should keep in mind, is that nothing will give you results before 1,5-2 months. Be patient, as the results will definitely do credit to this serum.