What is micellar water anyway? And why so much buzz about it? We break it down and answer all your questions.
Let’s start by saying that French women, have known this beauty secret forever. Plus, all major beauty and skin care brands have also caught on the beauty trend by releasing relevant products and turned it into a skin care essential, for women of all age. Read below, everything you need to know about this miraculous product and believe us when we say, once you try it, you will never go back to any other cleanser.
MICELLAR WATER, WHAT IT IS
A combination of purified water with emollient elements like glycerine and a low concentration of mild surfactants that attract dirt and oil. It does not contain alcohol, it does not smell, it is as fluid as water.
MICELLAR WATER BENEFITS AND WHY YOU SHOULD USE IT
- Its light texture is suitable for all skin types, even the ones considered problematic, as extremely dry, acne prone and super sensitive.
- Its ingredients and lightweight formula, soothe red and irritated skin.
- It is suitable for people wearing contacts as it does not irritate your eyes.
- It removes even the hardest makeup.
- It is the perfect travel product, as you can find it in smaller sizes and you don’t even need water to rinse it off, as you would with a usual face wash.
- Besides makeup, it is perfect to use for a quick face & neck wash, every night before going to bed.
- It doesn’t leave oil.
- Most of the micellar water cleansers, are budget friendly.
HOW TO USE MICELLAR WATER
So easy and unfussy. You just soak a cotton pad to remove makeup and dirt from your face and you repeat the process, till the pad comes out clean. No need to rinse it off, just dry your face with a clean, cotton towel.
BIODERMA Sensibio H2O Make-up Removing Micelle Solution €12.96
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Micellar Water €14.40
Yes To Cucumbers Calming Micellar Cleansing Water Trial Size €3.45
L’Oréal Paris Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Water €5.95
FILORGA Anti-Ageing Micellar Solution €24